Published on 2/20/2019 1:09:00 PM
Submit a Proposal for One of Two Pre-Conference Events To Be Held at ASCPT 2020
The ASCPT Board of Directors is seeking proposals for two Pre-Conference programs to be held in conjunction with the 2020 ASCPT Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas, March 17-21. The proposal submission process is open to all ASCPT members and submissions will be competitively reviewed by the Board, with decisions made based on the following criteria:
- Timeliness, relevance, and scientific importance of the topic;
- Ability to attract 150-250 attendees, and;
- Use of a variety of teaching methods geared toward adult learners.
Proposals must contain the following essential elements:
- A well-developed 150 word description of the Pre-Conference program;
- Names of co-sponsoring ASCPT Networks/Communities or other organizations. If you are working with another organization(s), please include name(s), contact information, and details on the role of co-sponsor(s) in the Pre-Conference;
- An outline identifying key topics and key speakers identified by name, title, and institution;
- Description of all AV needs to execute the Pre-Conference, and;
- Any additional details as requested by the ASCPT Board during the consideration process.
Proposals may be for a Pre-Conference program of 1, 1.5, or 2 days in length (March 17-18, 2020). ASCPT staff will draft an estimated budget for all proposals based on key expense items, including number and location of non-member speakers, speaker travel, AV needs, internet/wireless needs, food and beverage, and other relevant Pre-Conference costs. The Board will consider both the proposal and the budget estimate and will select the proposals for presentation as ASCPT 2020 Pre-Conferences based on the above noted criteria.
Proposals are due to ASCPT by 5:00 PM Eastern time on Monday, April 22, 2019. Questions about Pre-Conference proposals and submissions can be directed to Elise Laffman-Johnson at