The Malle Jurima-Romet Mid-Career Leadership Award was established in 2017 to honor Malle Jurima-Romet, PhD, the Senior Director, Drug Development at Celerion. With over 25 years of biomedical and pharmaceutical research experience, Dr. Jurima-Romet was a devoted scientist and outstanding leader in her field. Because of Dr. Jurima-Romet’s thoughtful guidance and leadership she had an unmistakable impact on drug development, her staff and colleagues thrived, and the organizations she contributed her skills to, including the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, where she served on the Scientific Program Committee and on the Board of Directors, benefitted. Along with her devotion to clinical pharmacology, Dr. Jurima-Romet was passionate about art, most notably as a painter and as a master at Ikebana, the art of Japanese flower arranging. The combination of science and art made Dr. Jurima-Romet a unique and talented scientist whose leadership and achievements will have a lasting impact on clinical pharmacology.
The Malle Jurima-Romet Mid-Career Leadership Award will honor the legacy of Dr. Jurima-Romet by recognizing exceptional leadership and outstanding contributions to clinical pharmacology by a mid-career clinical pharmacologist and encourage continued leadership and future impactful scientific contributions to clinical pharmacology. Click here to see the awards history and criteria.
The nominees should be recognized leaders in their field who have reached their mid-career, defined as at least 10 years post-specialty training. The nominee must be able to provide evidence of exceptional and ongoing leadership, excellent scientific achievements in their particular area of practice and a commitment to the future of clinical pharmacology and translational medicine. The nominee may practice clinical pharmacology in an academic, industrial, government, or consulting setting.
The nominees must provide evidence of four or more of the following:
- Mentorship – The nominee actively serves as a role model or mentor who shows dedication to the development and advancement of future leaders in the field of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Team Building – The nominee demonstrates a commitment to team building, values and respects the contributions of team members, has the ability to engage all parties and allows all involved to share ownership in achievements.
- Professional Growth – The nominee shows a commitment to professional development and encourages professional development in others.
- Leadership Roles – The nominee holds positions that effectively promote and advance the field of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics and is recognized as a leader among peers.
- Service to the Society – The nominee demonstrates exemplary volunteer contributions to the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Initiative – The nominee demonstrates initiative and goes above and beyond the standard measures to achieve a successful outcome.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
ASCPT is committed to recognizing and promoting excellence in research, collaborations, and efforts that highlight dimensions of diversity.
Nominators should address how the candidate’s leadership has fostered an environment of inclusion and/or has had a demonstrable impact on people in underrepresented populations.
Prize and Presentation
The Malle Jurima-Romet Mid-Career Leadership Award
will be presented during the ASCPT Annual Meeting. The recipient will receive a $1,000 honorarium and a token of recognition.