The Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling and Simulation (PBPK) Community broadly focuses on modeling science and the many diverse applications within PBPK, including early dose predictions, drug-drug interactions, pharmacogenetics/organ impairment/disease PBPK models, pediatric, pregnancy and lactation, biopharmaceutics applications, and more to drive Model Informed Drug Discovery and Development (MIDD). The PBPK Community encourages and discusses applications of PBPK to small and large molecules alike and beyond, including applications to novel modalities and dosing routes and brings together ASCPT members to identify areas of education, problem solving, and knowledge sharing. The collaboration and volunteerism opportunities from such a focused Community are highly useful for energized and harmonized efforts from a diverse group of scientists from the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory agencies, and academia.
The goals of the PBPK Community include:
- Promote the relevant end-to-end application of PBPK with emphasis on continuous model refinement with Learn and Confirm principles.
- Contribute to scientific and regulatory confidence building in new and available PBPK applications.
- Host online and Annual Meeting learning opportunities from experts in the field as well as presentations from emerging scientists applying the PBPK science for continuous engagement and knowledge sharing.
- Publish papers/articles on relevant PBPK topics for ASCPT’s Family of Journals.
- To address the pain points with regards to PBPK science and applications and encourage Community efforts to identify a path forward with appropriate engagements with members.