Advancing clinical pharmacology, translational science, and therapeutics for the benefit of patients and society.
The American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT) was founded in 1900, and consists of over 2,300 professionals whose primary interest is to advance the science and practice of clinical pharmacology and translational science for the therapeutic benefit of patients and society. ASCPT is the largest scientific and professional organization serving the disciplines of clinical pharmacology and translational science.
ASCPT focuses on improving the understanding and use of existing drug therapies and developing safer and more effective treatments for the future. Our memberships' unique combination of scientific and clinical expertise makes them especially qualified to understand the impact of disease on patients, the compelling need for effective drug therapy, and the efforts necessary to meet those needs. Such efforts include research, exchange of scientific information, and awareness of legislative requirements that affect drug development and regulation.
ASCPT’s influence and leadership drives the advancement of translational science, building on a foundation of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
The Society's strategic plan for 2020 through 2025 focuses on five goals of enhancing career growth, stimulating scientific advancements, expanding patient-focused engagement, diversifying learning experiences, and providing excpetional value. Click here to view the whole plan
- Clinical pharmacology and translational science drive the innovation, development, and use of therapeutics to enhance patient care./li>
- The continuum of clinical pharmacology and translational science stimulates collaborations between academia, regulators and industry professionals in the discovery, development, and regulation of safe and effective therapies.
- The unique strength of ASCPT lies in its multidisciplinary nature and its ability to be a catalyst for emerging clinical pharmacology and translational science.
- ASCPT demonstrates the highest standards of ethics and integrity and fosters these values in its leadership, members, staff, and contributors.
- ASCPT is committed to inclusive participation and diversity of perspective.
Contact Us >>