Quantitative Pharmacology (QP) Network
- The Quantitative Pharmacology Network brings together and advances quantitative disciplines across diverse backgrounds, including industry, academia, and regulatory embracing new technology and approaches.
Catalyst for Innovation:
- The Quantitative Pharmacology Network fosters cutting-edge science in the areas of pharmacometrics and systems pharmacology, and knowledge around biologics, and supports (pre-competitive) collaborative efforts in these areas.
Influence and Impact:
- The Quantitative Pharmacology Network is the “go to” voice for the application of Quantitative Pharmacology to drug/biologics development and usage, and catalyzes broader awareness, education and adoption of these principles by scientists engaged in the complementary Networks.
Education and Communication:
- The Quantitative Pharmacology Network offers multiple educational opportunities and encourages submissions to the ASCPT Journal Family as well as open dialogue among editors and members.
- The Quantitative Pharmacology Network has established a rhythm of business that supports its leadership using the ASCPT calendar as a guide and proactively develop future leaders.
Join the LinkedIn group.
Please visit the Member-Exclusive Webinar Library to access recordings from past webinars.
Quantitative Pharmacology Network Hot Topics Initiative
One of the primary goals of the Quantitative Pharmacology Network is to enhance the educational opportunities for members. Help further the “Hot Topic” communications and raise awareness of new tools and methods developing in quantitative pharmacology, news and views relevant to the discipline, emerging challenges and opportunities, topics of active scientific debate, etc. Current Quantitative Pharmacology Hot Topic Commentaries:
Quantitative Pharmacology Influence & Impact Initiative
Under the visionary leadership of Anne C. Heatherington, PhD, the Influence & Impact Initiative was launched in 2017 to highlight the impact of Quantitative Pharmacology approaches in clinical pharmacology, translational science and therapeutics across the discovery, development, regulation and post-marketing applications.
A crowd-sourced compendium of impactful case-examples along with detailed speaker notes provided by the contributors to the Quantitative Pharmacology Network at the ASCPT 2017 Annual Meeting. This initiative was continued under the guidance of Sandra Visser, PhD, and Sriram Krishnaswami, PhD, with and a new set of case studies collected and released via an ASCPT webinar in June 2020.
The aim of the initiative was to create crowd-sourced compendium repositories of state-of-the-art quantitative pharmacology applications to increase awareness, advocacy for and education in applied Quantitative Pharmacology sciences. The case studies, speaker notes, and publications can be referenced below (NOTE: please use your member login to gain full access this section).
2017: Quantitative Pharmacology Influence & Impact (with speaker notes)
- QP Network Leaders: Anne C. Heatherington, PhD, and Karthik Venkatakrishnan, PhD
- Influence & Impact Initiative Leaders: Sandra Visser, PhD, and Satyaprakash Nayak, PhD
2020: Quantitative Pharmacology Influence & Impact (with speaker notes)
- Getting Innovative Therapies Faster to Patients at the Right Dose: Impact of Quantitative Pharmacology Towards First Registration and Expanding Therapeutic Use.
- Transforming Translation Through Quantitative Pharmacology for High-Impact Decision Making in Drug Discovery and Development
- QP Network Leaders: Sandra Visser, PhD, and Sriram Krishnaswami, PhD
- Influence & impact Initiative Leaders: Aline Barth, PhD, and Akshanth Polepally, PhD
Neeraj Gupta, PhD
Qi Liu, PhD
Network Vice Chair
Karen Rowland Yeo, PhD
Network Past Chair