The ASCPT Low-to-Middle-Income Country (LMIC) Travel Grant Program is intended to foster the participation of LMIC clinical pharmacologists and translational scientists at the ASCPT Annual Meeting. ASCPT will award 1-2 grants annually. Each grant will be awarded in the amount of $7,500 to cover travel associated costs to attend the Annual Meeting. For the inaugural grant, ASCPT will issue one award for the 2024 Annual Meeting. The LMIC Travel Grant Program reflects ASCPT’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and supports the Society’s mission and vision to advance clinical pharmacology for the benefit of patients and society on a global level.
- The recipient must be a member of ASCPT at the time grant use. Individuals who are not current members of ASCPT may use grant funds to pay membership fees if selected.
- Applicants must reside in a World Bank classified LMIC country.
- Applicants from within all career stages and employment backgrounds will be considered.
- Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter summarizing the applicant’s qualifications within clinical pharmacology or translational science along with a brief overview of how participation at the ASCPT Annual Meeting will impact their work and growth in the field. Applicants should include how learning from the Annual Meeting can be applied to the work they do within their organization.
- Confirmation that the applicant acknowledges that it is their responsibility to secure a Visa in advance of making travel arrangements if selected.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae.
Review and Selection
- Grant funds will be directed to the recipient via wire transfer in US currency and may be used to cover the cost of registration, housing, airfare, transportation to/from airports, food & beverage not provided through the conference, and Visa application costs. ASCPT will not cover the costs of currency conversion incurred by the recipient’s bank.
- ASCPT is unable to provide Visa application support beyond a letter confirming membership and volunteer activities and including a description of the importance of the Annual Meeting.
- If the recipient is unable to secure a Visa in time for participation in the intended Annual Meeting, funds may be deferred by one year for use for the next planned conference. If funds are not used within the allowable timeframe, ASCPT reserves the right to request repayment.
- Recipients are required to make all travel arrangements.
- Individuals may apply for one (1) travel-related award. If an individual applies for an LMIC Grant, they will not be eligible for any other travel grant offered by ASCPT for the same Annual Meeting for which the LMIC Grant is issued/used.
- LMIC Travel Grants may be sponsored by ASCPT Partners.
- ASCPT’s Global Health Community leaders will assist with the review of all applications and make recommendations for recipients to the ASCPT Officers for final approval.
- Incomplete applications, including those that do not provide the requested information, will not be considered.
The application deadline has passed.
Questions about the LMIC Travel Grants may be directed to ASCPT’s COO Elise Laffman-Johnson at email@example.com