Author: [AUTHOR] Published on 11/3/2022 7:20:00 AM
Earlier this year the ASCPT Board of Directors requested a review of the ASCPT Bylaws to modernize and streamline them in accordance with the governance needs of an evolving professional society. I was honored to chair the Bylaws Committee, constituted by an engaged group of member representatives:
- Oren Cohen, MD
- Kellie Schoolar Reynolds, PharmD
- Sonia Chin Tang Girdwood, MD, PhD
- Amita Joshi, PhD
The Bylaws Committee met throughout the months of May, June, July, and August to review, revise and refine the current bylaws. Apart from some non-substantive wordsmithing for continuity and clarification, three major changes can be identified among the proposed revisions:
- The Committee sought to codify a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by integrating language requiring that these tenets remain central to the decisions we make as an organization.
- Given our commitment to fostering the next generation and the continued growth in Early Career and Student/Trainee membership, we also recommend that individuals at this stage of their career be guaranteed a voice on the Board.
- Finally, we recommended transitioning the vote for future bylaws changes to the Board. Given the Board’s individual fiduciary and legal responsibilities and accountabilities, the Bylaws Committee felt that the Board should be empowered to make Bylaws changes that best meet the needs of the organization.
These recommended Bylaws changes were presented to, and accepted by, the ASCPT Board of Directors at their September 22-23, 2002, meeting. The next step is yours. The Bylaws currently require a member vote. We are asking that you read the recommended revisions to the ASCPT Bylaws and vote to support the changes.
You may submit your vote online by Wednesday, November 30th 2022, 11:59 pm EST
to be counted. You will receive an email from email@example.com
with your individual link to access the ballot!
Important: please note that the voting tool may not work on some older web browsers such as Internet Explorer. The best experience we find is on Google Chrome but it will also work on the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.
Thank you for your support of ASCPT. Should you have any questions about the Bylaws, or need additional information, please reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Sharon Swan at email@example.com
. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.